Friday, June 5, 2009

Mints Juleping....

Ahhhh, summer has finally arrived in Toronto. And while early mornings and late evenings are still crisp, breezy and cool, there is nothing more splendid than the hot afternoon sun beating down on your back. It's just that perfect weather for enjoying all things outdoors...something which normally I am quite indifferent to. But now is the perfect time for cute maxi dresses and long lazy afternoons lounging on the patio. Just that feeling of the deepest heat of mid summer that I long for; it just sends my mind racing to a wonderful and romantic time. I suppose that's mostly due to the fact that at a formative age, I read the Great Gatsby. In it, there is this pivotal scene where they are all sitting around, deranged in the airless heat, sipping mint juleps, before everything goes horribly wrong. It's really wonderful!!

Well I have been slaving away on a few projects but for now will post a photo of one that gives immediate gratification! My Asiatic Lillies. I'm hardly a gardener, but these flowers (while currently just a solo bloom) are stunning!

xoxo with love.

2 Charming Replies:

caren said...

Hi Charmaine ~ I found your blog through Bella and I am so glad I did! I love your illustrations. So much talent - and your lilies are beautiful too! I will be back often.

Kaili Ittensohn said...

Oh so jealous! Its winter here and freezing. Your lovely lilies photo looks warm and inviting!