Saturday, July 4, 2009

Heeellllooo Bloggers!!

First off, HAPPY 4th to all the Americans out there! Where have I been these past few days you ask? Well maybe you didn't ask, but I will tell you anyhow! I've been at work...at the resto every day till about 11pm and then home to paint till 6am! Que sad. It's been quite draining physically but the sun-shiny weather and the fact that I have a tonne o' work to finish before Sept, has really kept me motivated and keeps pushing me forward. Need to get paid for a few jobs but still, smooth sailing...

My house on the other hand, is a complete disaster. There is laundry to be done and dishes piled high; brushes and paint-soaked towels collecting in almost every room and stacks of unpaid bills to be tended to! Sigh, I am really in no rush (at this point) to get to any of this any time soon. All I want to do is sit in my garden and sketch away till the afternoon sun fades into the evening sky. Best of all is that I've started to listen to all my old fave tunes again. Music like Corinne Bailey Rae, Adele, and of course, Missy Higgins.
Really lovin it...just reminds me of summers almost 3 years ago now. I'm also excited because one of my best friends will be back in town on Monday. Can't wait to see her: a much-needed night on the town for dinner and a late movie. It will be a welcome change of pace!

Anyway, this little sketch in my notebook turned into an epic full-day Photoshop project. I need to really work on my speed from now on. From the looks of things, at my current rate of completion, I may never see an end to all this..

xoxo with love.

5 Charming Replies:

Kolleen said...

I love your sketch...so realistic! I was also happy to read about your friend visiting - love changes in pace like those! Happy Monday!

Kolleen said...

One more quick thing...how did you do your banner for your blog? I am having trouble getting any of my pictures downloaded where they aren't huge on my banner. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kaili Ittensohn said...

Lovely illustration Charmaine, gorgeous colours! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I posted a reply for you there. xx

Janine said...

I love that sketch.
6 o´clock in the mornung and the eyes almost closed..
I know that situation.
Have a good time
Janine

Janine said...

I love that sketch.
6 o´clock in the mornung and the eyes almost closed..
I know that situation.
Have a good time
Janine